Local Livelihood Half Day Bike Tour in Battambang
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Battambang, Battambang
- Product code: HD1
With our local student guide, you will spend your day exploring the beautiful countryside around Battambang by bicycle. Visit with Cambodian families who produce traditional products (such as rice paper, dried bananas, and bamboo sticky rice) made in the same way they have been for generations. You will learn first hand about every day life in rural communities which make up over 70% of Cambodia’s population.
Learn from local families about how they make traditional products such as rice paper, dried banana, bamboo sticky rice, fish paste and rice wine. Taste and experience the pleasures of these products fresh off the fire. Spend some relaxing time in a traditional Khmer house enjoying seasonal fruits and coconut water. Finish your morning tour by visiting a memorial site for the victims of the Khmer Rouge.
The ride is about 22km. It departs at 7:30am and returns around 12pm. The ride is suitable for all fitness levels.
- One drink from Kinyei Cafe before or after the tour
- Friendly, English-speaking, First-aid trained local guide
- High quality imported Mountain bike (Giant, Trek, GT)
- Safety helmet
- A crash course on basic Khmer, the Cambodian language.
- Water and snack along the way
- Seasonal fruits and coconut water